Onions are cultivated and used around the world. As a food item, they are usually served cooked, as a vegetable or part of a prepared savoury dish, but can also be eaten raw or used to make pickles or chutneys. They are pungent when chopped and contain certain chemical substances which irritate the eyes.
Most onion cultivars are about 89% water, 9% carbohydrates (including 4% sugar and 2% dietary fibre), 1% protein, and negligible fat (table). Onions contain low amounts of essential nutrients and have an energy value of 166 kJ (40 Calories) in a 100 g (3.5 oz) amount. Onions contribute savoury flavour to dishes without contributing significant caloric content.
Packing & Shipment
- Packing – Standard packing of 10kg, 25kg, 50kg in LPP bags
- Quantity – 20ft container/ 25 tons
- Port of loading – Chennai, India
- Pre shipment inspection – As per specification of AGMARK and customer requirements for weight and quantity
- Port of discharge – As per customer requirement
- Shipment terms – FOB/CIF as per customer requirements
- Mode of payment – 100% T/T, irrevocable L/C
- Delivery to port of loading – 30 days from the date of receipt of confirmed purchase order and payment instruction